Sunday, June 29, 2008

Update from the Trenches...

Some of you have waited with bated breath to find out if we got our double Chariot. I am very happy to report we did indeed secure one of those beauties from craigslist and we love it. I have to admit though, I still don't entirely know how to fold it down. And I haven't tried popping off the wheels even once. The task looks a little daunting and I have played the "but I gave birth to the girls" card every time the deed had to be done. Listen I'm not proud but that's what happens when you have to learn how to fold down four different types of strollers in one year. I'm also mechanically challenged.  But because of the Chariot I am walking/jogging for an hour three times a week and enjoying it very much. I think ALL Olympic athletes should train using a double Chariot (especially those bob-sledding types). Once you run or jog without pushing two kids, you'll feel like Donovan Bailey sprinting to glory. It's that easy. I kid not. 

The second update is about the "pee in the bottle" post. I am happy to report we got our sample and it was pretty darn easy. Our little monster got up the morning of my birthday, bellowed she had to pee, and asked specifically for the sucker known as "mummy". I thought the whole spiel about internal organs worked on her. Not at all. She was excited about peeing on my hands while I tried to "catch" her pee (sounds like material for a Japanese game show, eh?). The samples are safely in the fridge and awaiting the opening of the lab tomorrow morning. Thanks for asking. 

No comments: